You are reading:
Fresh Winter Air | The Tewkesbury Ham

Fresh Winter Air | The Tewkesbury Ham

Posted on: Friday 30 December 2016


 There's something so special about walks in the Winter. Especially when the day is crisp and frosty, with a beautiful cold Sun. Yesterday was one of those days, and so my family and I took a trip to Tewkesbury for a walk around The Ham with the pooch.
Considering I have lived so near to Tewkesbury town all my life, it's shocking how little time I've actually spent walking around the town. The town itself is a characterful place to wander around, but The Tewkesbury Ham is such a lovely peaceful place to go, & provided an excellent opportunity to take out my camera again. I've walked around The Ham before, but the way the it looked yesterday with the Winter Sun on the super still water was amazing. There were also massive sheets of ice on the grass, which the sun was also reflecting off, creating a picturesque scene- even if I was then super anxious walking across the ice! I had never properly appreciated Tewkesbury until yesterday, and realised that sometimes what's right on your doorstep can get overlooked.

-- AshCam 

Comments